Armor of God
We do not fight for victory but from His victory
- Stand firm, having belted your waist with
- The truth of God’s word needs to control our lives.
- His truth strengthens us to resist the devil and to persevere.
- We must take the word into our minds and actually apply it in our lives.
- Satan is a liar – this is his strongest tool. Unless we are constantly feeding upon the word, upon His life, then we will fall for the lies in our weakest moments.
- Put on the breastplate of righteousness (a verdict of approval – what is right in the eyes of God)
- Protect our desires and emotions as they influence our decisions.
- We are to obey the faith that God births in our inner self, in the heart of our spirit.
- This is not about our righteousness, but the righteousness of Jesus Christ.
Satan is a liar and deceiver and wants to influence our minds so that we may fall short again and again. In doing this, he is able to bring accusations against us! To point his finger to God and say, Look! He also uses this against us to beat us down and try to make us quit.
- We are to stand our ground. Remind ourselves and the accuser that we are wearing the righteousness of Jesus Christ – not our own dirty rags.
- Strap on your feet, the firm foundation of the gospel of
- When all the essential parts are joined together – God’s gift of wholeness.
- Satan is the destroyer and is after the destruction of our lives.
- We must stand on the firm foundation of the gospel.
Justified by faith in Jesus Christ, we have peace with God – we can stand and face anything!
Psalm 40 - He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the mud; And He set my feet on a rock, making my footsteps firm.
- Standing firm means that we must be able to move and fight the enemy to make progress.
Numbers 33:53 - you shall take possession of the land and live in it, for I have given the land to you to possess it.
- We are to fight, to stand firm so the enemy cannot shake us.
- Take up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil
- Satan tries to influence our minds with ungodly thoughts.
- His goal is to inflict pain and misery – to wear us out and bring us down.
- Our faith (trust and confidence) in God comes from the word of God.
Romans 10:17 - So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.
- The Lord is always birthing faith in us as we yield to Him. Why does He do this? So that we may know what He prefers.
- He is wooing and drawing us toward His will where there is power and life.
- Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
- We must protect our soul and feed constantly on the Living Hope of our salvation.
- We must actively renew our minds and be in the word, in prayer, in worship. This is the abiding life.