1 Corinthians 3:10-16
- God has given grace and we are to live as a wise builder
- Laying a foundation takes understanding & thought
- Often we build on another’s foundation; be careful
- Jesus Christ is the foundation
- Gold, silver, precious stones OR wood, hay, and straw
- Pray and be diligent so that your work will remain and be rewarded
- We are a temple of God; the Spirit of God dwells within us
1 Corinthians 10:23
- We are able to do many things, but that doesn’t mean it’s beneficial. Live in a manner that builds others up in Christ. Live as a wise builder.
1 Corinthians 10:31
- All of life’s activities should be built upon the foundation of rest in Christ. Anything contrary is missing the mark.
2 Corinthians 5:9,10
- We should live with an eagerness to please Him
- We MUST-ALL appear before the judgment seat of Christ
- In servitude to Christ, means to be occupied with what is an appropriate response (action) to His invitation to follow Him
- Be careful to walk in wisdom; the days are evil. Use time wisely to discern the will of the Lord
- Striving to be agreeable and pleasing to people starves our servitude to Christ
- Don’t become weary of living in honorable character.
- Persevere and enjoy the harvest!
- Do good and live in a manner that benefits all people, especially those of faith.
- The God of peace equips us to do His will on the foundation of quiet & rest in Jesus Christ. Through this, He works in us what is pleasing to Him.
- Seek first God’s kingdom, all other things will come into place
- Observe, think upon the ways and wisdom of God. Like the ant, having no ruler, avoid slumber; prepare and gather while you can.
- Just as our mind ponders and plans, a cello produces beautiful music. Surrender our instruments unto the Lord, our Conductor, for He sets the tempo and direction.
- Live sober and alert. Learn to number our days, be aware, and grow in wisdom
- Knowing love is the fulfillment of the law, we MUST live awake and not slumber. Live out our love in all things towards one another.
- Turn away from shady actions; put on the armor of light – shine in Christ!