Daily Reminders / CAUTIONS
Watch: What I take into my eyes will permeate my thoughts and this process will stir desire to consume. This results in a repetitive cycle and moves me away from light and life in Christ when what I’m consuming is worldly in nature. (Not necessarily “bad” but there is no true life in it.)
Listen: Take caution in the words and in the subject matter that I hear. As I receive input, this will have a direct impact on the output or actions of my daily life.
- Will this have a positive impact on my future? Long term and short term.
Philippians 3:14 - I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
- Keep the goals of the day in mind. Rest in Him knowing that whatever course the day takes, the overriding truth of this scripture is where to keep my mind fixed.
- Realize this day is a training day. 1 Corinthians 9:24 - Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win.
- Is what I’m watching, listening to, etc… contributing to training so I will receive the prize?
- GOD Exists – Wake up and remember He is there. Understand that He knows every thought, my desires, focus, and He’s watching my distracting moments. He loves me, He’s calling me and He deserves my full attention. Walk in the fear of the Lord.
- Jesus died and rose again – Remember the cross. It represents His nature, character and style of living and giving. Remember I am reconciled to the Father through the life blood of Jesus. Remember what He has given and ask myself, how much of yourself should you give today?.....everything. Don’t waste my precious resources of the eyes and ears given to me by God.
- Choose to suffer in the flesh. Are my choices grieving the Holy Spirit?
- Remember to flee! Get away from temptation.
- I deserve hell for my sin. Remember to live in thanks and rejoice in Jesus that I’m going to heaven. Live like it here and now.
- I am going to My days are numbered. Keep that in focus and make this day a day to serve the Lord in all I watch, listen and do. Pray that I may be sober and full of joy and that I may not be afraid of death. That I may see death as the end of a good and fruitful race on earth; as the continuation of my new life in Christ Jesus without the weakness of the flesh. Living life anew in the presence of my King and in the glory of His Kingdom in Heaven.
- Think upon and look forward to the day my race is finished and the joy of a new heaven and earth for all eternity!
- Remember to put my hope in the Lord and not into emotional experiences and earthly pursuits.
- Praise God and live with gratitude this day, even in the trials.
- Remember, I am healed, whole, full of light, loved by God and a new creature in Christ Jesus whether I feel like it or not!
- Set / Fix / Focus my mind on things above. Colossians 3:1-2 - Therefore, if you have been raised with Christ, keep seeking the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on the things that are above, not on the things that are on earth.
Restrictions & Boundaries
Remember that my Father has given wonderful gifts and desires to be enjoyed in this world. When we take pleasure in these gifts, it is beneficial for us within the boundaries He has set for our protection and welfare. Pray and dwell upon this reality always. Keep it fresh in my mind. Remember when we choose to cross the boundaries it holds back our growth, limits our fruit and invites the enemy to have authority in our lives. Pray for the Spirit’s leading to discern the boundaries He has set in all the areas of life: power, money, sex, food, etc….
Win the Race
- Divine Dissatisfaction
- Devotion – one thing, not many – specialized
- Direction – focus & live for the future (His Kingdom)
- Determination – Press on! Apply myself
- Discipline – Obey the rules