As we actively walk with the Lord, in the fullness of the Holy Spirit, true joy rolls in like a tide and swells up within us. Waves of supernatural joy are His gift to us. We rejoice in hope because He is a God of hope. We persevere in the storms of life because we are wrapped in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit and because we are strengthened with power according to His glorious might. In His presence is fullness of joy. Think about how much weight is wrapped up in this truth. How should our daily lives look in His presence? What should be pouring out of us?
Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
For the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.
Rejoicing in hope, persevering in tribulation, devoted to prayer.
I tell you that in the same way there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over 99 righteous persons who need no repentance.
Until now you have asked for nothing in my name; ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be made full.
*Where is our joy to be found? Look back at Romans 14:17...in the Holy Spirit!
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self control; against such things there is no law.
Strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might, for the attaining of all steadfastness and patience; joyously giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified us to share in the inheritance of the saints in Light.
You will make known to me the path of life, in your presence is fullness of joy.
The Lord is my strength and my shield, my heart trusts in Him and I am helped.
Those who sow in tears shall reap with joyful shouting.
A joyful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit dries up the bones.
Then he said to them, “Go, eat of the fat, drink of the sweet & send portions to him who has nothing prepared.; for this day is holy to our Lord. Do not be grieved, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.
and on that day they offered great sacrifices & rejoiced because God had given them great joy, even the women and children rejoiced, so that the joy of Jerusalem was heard from afar.
Psalm 30: 4-5
Sing praise to the Lord, you His godly ones, and give thanks to His holy name. For His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for a lifetime; weeping may last for the night, but a shout of joy comes in the morning.
Psalm 67: 3-4:
Let the peoples praise You, O God; Let all the peoples praise You. Let the nations be glad and sing for joy; for You will judge the peoples with uprightness and guide the nations on the earth.
Wisdom “Nugget” Romans 12
- Be devoted to each other in brotherly love.
- Prove the will of God by being renewed and transformed.
- Think with sound judgment according to the measure of faith God has alloted to you.
- Exercise gifts according to the grace given and in proportion of faith.
If your a giver then give liberally, If merciful then extend with cheerfulness, If love then without hypocrisy.
- Be diligent and give preference to one another.
- Serve the Lord with an intense spirit.
- Rejoice in hope, persevere in tribulation, be devoted to prayer.
- Meet the needs of the saints and practice hospitality.
- Bless those who persecute you by walking in His peace.
- Bless those who persecute you by praying for them.
- Rejoice and weep with others, submit your heart to the Lord everyday.
- Seek after the same thing for each other. Aim at the same target.
- Associate with the lowly.
- Never pay evil for evil. Yield your flesh to your heavenly Father at all times.
- Respect what is right in the sight of all men.
- Try to be a peace whenever possible.
- Don't take your own revenge; leave room for God's wrath.
- Give food and drink to your enemy. God will cause it to be as burning coals on their head and hopefully it will lead them to the Lord.
- Overcome evil with good.