6 ways to defeat lust / sexual sin / habitual sin / ungodly habits
- Creation: - God created sex…it’s His design. All the aspects of sex and how it impacts our senses and inner selves is from Him. Always think on this truth and let it fill your mind and spirit.
- Cross: - We need to always remember, to stir up our thoughts about what Jesus took on and endured to for our sins. He said, “It is Finished.” The debt for our short comings has been paid in full. Let us not spit upon the work of Jesus at the cross but let us be in continual humility and thankfulness because without Him we would be with no hope and bound for hell.
- Crisis: - Always be mindful of how viewing pornography and committing sexual / habitual sin impacts those around you. It keeps you fragmented, always in an elevated level of crisis, limits progress and negatively effects the lives of your loved ones around you.
- Crown: - James 1:12 says, “Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.” Fix your mind upon the rewards from our Lord and King as we endure and overcome temptation by His strength and grace.
- Crowd: - Hebrews 12:1 says, “…since we are surrounded by so great a cloud (crowd) of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.”
We represent Christ, we don’t want to destroy our light and witness to those around us.
- Christ: - Fellowship with Him and one another. 1 John 1: 5-7 says, “…God is light and in Him is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ, His Son, cleanses us from all sin.